Monday, June 29, 2009

2009 Honeywell Educators at Space Academy







I was very lucky to receive a scholarship from Honeywell to attend space camp. From June 12-19 I spent all day engaged in intensive classroom, laboratory and training time, focusing on space science and space exploration. The teachers who attended were broken into teams of 16. My team was "Inspiration." We even were able to simulate missions from space, which gave me a much better understanding of all the teamwork and effort that is behind each mission. I hope to be able to bring some of the activities and experiences from space camp back to my classroom.

Hey, if any of you are scientists/researchers/engineers/mathematicians please feel free to give my students a description of what you do day by day. They would love to hear from you.

No comments: